5.15.2011

Rand Upon the Brain

Oh Rand Paul, you're every bit the penetrating deep thinker your namesake Ayn was.

PAUL: With regard to the idea of whether you have a right to health care, you have realize what that implies. It’s not an abstraction. I’m a physician. That means you have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery. It means that you’re going to enslave not only me, but the janitor at my hospital, the person who cleans my office, the assistants who work in my office, the nurses.

Maybe a dude who's said he'd vote against the Civil Rights Act should cool it with the 'slavery' chatter.

Equating government health care with slavery doesn't stop him from whining about getting his share, of course. Ron's fair haired boy was presciently named.

1 comment:

Simon said...

There's this absurd trend amongst my generation to adore Ron Paul because he's so straight forward and no-nonsense seeming. No one seems to realize that his ideals are utterly impractical and he is tea party level insane.