2.18.2013

books, reading & internet synchronicity: Men Against Tanks

During the latest 'surge' to organize my book/work space I uncovered a copy of a book I'd wanted to read long ago, Men Against Tanks by John Weeks.  I added it to the stack by the bed and started in on it yesterday.

In the introduction the author discusses the genesis of the book, the main inpiration (and source of his title) being an old German training film he screened at the British War College.  The book came out in the mid-70s, and his efforts to discover more about the film failed.  

This morning I wanted to tell someone about the book but couldn't remember the author & hit Google.
Guess what the first search result was?




Sometimes the Internet reminds me of that famous Arthur C. Clarke quote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."  Crazy that we all take it so much for granted.

No comments: