8.05.2012

true customer tales: why

Gal wanders in, starts browsing the Folio Society books on the display shelf.

"Why are they so expensive, these Folio Society books?"

"Not many copies around, and people collect them."

"Yes, but why?"

"I don't know, they like them I guess."

"But why aren't there more copies?"

"Folio is a limited edition publisher, they don't do large print runs."

"But why don't they?"

"I don't know.  I guess it doesn't interest them."


Later she came back and malingered by the counter, suddenly blurting out after an uncomfortably long interval

"I think Dorothy Parker is overrated!  I don't think her writing has really stood the test of time.  Don't you agree?"

"She still sells like hotcakes," I said with a shrug, referencing the only review that matters to a book buyer.



No comments: