1.26.2012

Easy to Please

I dragged the exceptionally fussy Fuss out with me yesterday to look for books in and around the area thrift stores.  Thrift stores are a good environment for him, as they always host an emigre community from the Island of Misfit Toys.  They're unfamiliar, which entrances him for a certain period however questionable their provenance, and they're already messed up enough that I'm comfortable leaving him to it while I nose around- it's win/win.

While looking for books you invariably find all kinds of other junk, and yesterday I was excited to come across a small cache of mismatched, ultra-sturdy old porcelain diner mugs.  Thrift stores always have a wide array of coffee cups, but examples like this are extremely rare.

I snatched them up for less that two bucks, which excited me much more than the book on Pacific Seaweed I bought for fifty cents and listed for twenty dollars.

No comments: