4.28.2011

Fuss Speaks

We went on a late-ish store outing tonight, as I passed out alongside him during nap time causing us to run behind schedule.

The 'seasonal' aisle is his favorite, regardless of whether it's full of Halloween or Easter or Christmas or whatever junk. Currently it's full of beach-y, BBQ-y stuff, and he became fascinated by a double-walled plastic beer mug meant for the freezer- a quantity of water resided in the space between and the mystery of this kept him occupied for several minutes. He turned it over, stuck his hand inside, shook it, punctuating the arid result of each experiment with an amazed look my way.

He ended up playing some involved game with the mug, a number of plastic goblets and a large pitcher. After a while I decided it was time to continue on with the shopping and put the lit back on the pitcher. Fuss wailed.

"NO! NO DADA, NO!"

"Fuss, we have to finish up so we can go home and see Mama."

"No dada! I have to dump more dry water in there!" Hoisting the mysterious freezer mug and upending it over the mouth of the pitcher.

I let him 'empty' it out a few more times, then he helped me put everything back where we'd found it.

After shopping Fuss wanted to roam the cabin of the car, and as we had nowhere pressing to be I said okay. During his messing around he hit the hazard lights and became fascinated by the rhythmic reflections from the licence plates and tail lights of the cars in the next row.

"Look dada, I'm helping them blink!"

"You are indeed- very good, Fuss!"

I'm so glad he's feeling better. He's much easier to appreciate when he can eat solid food and isn't in constant pain.

No comments: