12.31.2011

Auld Lang Syne


(click to enlarge)

Like Little Nemo, I'm temperamentally disposed to greeting baby New Year in the halcyon fields of Slumberland, an inclination reinforced by parenting a toddler.

Fuss essays the dual roles of Father Time and Baby New Year as depicted above by Mr. McKay, weary burden & gravity defying spirit of beauty all at once.  His delight being much easier to appreciate after a good nights sleep I hew religiously to Franklin's famous aphorism early to bed and early to rise....it hasn't had a salutary effect on either my wealth or wisdom, but I do credit it with preserving my sanity these past few years.

In any case, cheers to the promise and optimism of the New Year and good riddance to 2011.
Here's hoping y'all have a grand evening, however you're celebrating.

No comments: