4.26.2011

True Customer Tales: Randy again

He comes up with a slightly mangled Clifford the Big Red Dog book from the quarter rack, and, of course, a monologue.

I pick these up for a quarter, and I think I'll run it around that coffee place. And then if they don't want it, I'll donate it to the library. I take my record albums there sometimes, if Boo Boos or Cheap Thrills or whoever won't give me a good price on them. That happens, you know...a fair price. I took...I took in a copy of Abbey Road by the Beatles in, and Ed told me he wouldn't buy it, because it was a CULTURAL TREASURE. I've known him since, since Boo Boos and Cheap Thrills and all those places were there underneath the Park Hotel!

I thought that was it, but in the threshold of the doorway he stopped and cocked an ear to the stereo. He listened intently for a bit, then yelped

"That's the B-52's! Planet Claire! I think I still have that one."

Energized, he sprang out the door, almost knocking over a fellow emerging from his car. Somehow this collision led to Randy delivering a long lecture on the best downtown coffee shops to his victim.


I've noticed I've been much more tolerant of Randy's hijinks since they became fuel for the blog. Score one for the therapeutic value of writing!

2 comments:

Dr. said...

I always enjoy a visit from Randy, especially when he is on his way to court and is clean like and wearing glasses.

baxie said...

Yesterday I noticed someone had pinned him down and trimmed his eyebrows. Thank god, cause there were starting to look a little bit like Nietzsche mustache.