4.16.2011

The Official Record Store Day 2011 Purchase

Was able to do a flyby when the late shift came in.

Neil reports that the first person in this morning's line grabbed the their only copy of I Love Rock & Roll by Joan Jett.

Nice!

In spite of my posting of lists and whatnot a bit ago, I'm an analog browser at heart- I'm less inspired by finding something I want and honing in on it than by poking around and chancing across just the thing.

Which is basically the whole philosophy of traditional used book stores.
Huh.

Anyway, perusing the RSD vinyl this one leapt out at me, from my recent psych-rock crush the Black Angels.

Regulars will recall them from this ode to KCPR.

See?
Perfect.

I also grabbed the only XL Neko Case tee, although I fear it will inevitably fall prey to the Wife's covetous grasp. It has the ultra soft hand of one of your Grandpa's white tee shirts, worn for 20 years but still somehow miraculously not quite worn through .

Who am I kidding, I should just buy a smaller one for her.
Although that's the same (failed) logic that made me think getting her a Shirt of the Month Club membership meant she'd leave my Threadless tees alone.

Oh well, one hour til I'm off, the Siblings take the stage and I head back over for Round Two.

No comments: