3.09.2011

more reasons to like KCPR

My fave drive-time show is The Psychedelic Gospel, which consistently delivers the trippy, fuzzed out goods and the DJ of which has an expansive view of what constitutes 'psychedelic', both thematically and chronologically. It's never a less than compelling listen. This is my favorite new band find from the show, doing it live on some foreign teevee show:




And one morning last week, another DJ turned me on to the greatest 80's tune I'd somehow never heard, which is unbelievable. I mean I'm not a huge P-Furs fan or anything, but COME ON NOW, this tune is so epic I can't believe not one of my friends made me listen to it at some point in the last thirty-whatever years.

album version first


then a kickass contemporary live performance


I'm American...ha ha ha!
when I'm dictator that's our new National Anthem.

No comments: