7.22.2011

On Boxing: Kahn vs Judah

This will be a meta preview based on a study of Zab's Twitter account.


Using a Getty stock photo with watermark for your official profile pic?

That my friends is KEEPIN' IT REAL, nawmi'msazyin?

This is exactly the sort of detail that's kept me rooting for Zab in spite of all his assorted career mishaps.


On the other hand, it's never a good sign when guys known for throwing blows at dice games start making with the Jesus talk.

But I'll still roll with the Zabwagon here- Kahn is the kind of spoon-fed guy I'm predisposed to dislike and he's already been blasted out early once. Zab usually lacks the fortitude to win over the distance, but like Tyson in his latter years still brings the heat early- he had Floyd Mayweather Jr's corner freaking out in the early rounds of their matchup, before Floyd predictably made adjustments and took him apart like a Lego model of the Death Star.

I think Kahn's handlers are jumping the line here a bit- Zab is good resume padding for elite guys and great upset potential for nobodies he's prone to overlook, but a dangerous opponent for Kahn.

I'll take Zabdiel in 5.

No comments: