5.29.2011

True Customer Tales: What's the Shirt

A middle aged dude was hanging out for a while huffing and puffing to himself. He wasn't obviously mental, but if anyone who does a lot of groaning and muttering to themselves is questionable. Unsurprisingly, I had a 'special' interaction with him at the register.


guy, huffing and grunting: Uh...mMmmm...thanks for keeping me entertained.

me: MMmm. *ringing up book*

guy: Hey...what's the shirt? (apparently referencing my Threadless tee

me: Ah...it's a tree and some buildings.

guy: Huh huh! I bet! Huh!


After completing the transaction he reached across the counter to shake my hand and again extended his thanks for keeping him entertained. Maybe he gets a kick out of watching someone price books?

But this partially why I don't (usually) wear my Threadless shirts to work.
They invite comment and I'd rather not provide explanatory wardrobe footnotes to curious onlookers.

No comments: