5.28.2011

Lots of books men should read, by both sexes

Web sites posts lists of crap because readers are simple beings who really, really, really like lists, they like to look for them on Google and they like to click on them. Full disclosure, that's why I make lists of Netflix streaming stuff- it continually amazes me how many people, from all over the place, are drawn here by my application of casual cinematic observations to streaming video.

Anyway, Esquire posted this list, 75 Books Every Man Should Read. The format is a mess so I didn't actually go through it, but it inspired some Twitter outrage from feminist quarters and someone whipped up their own list, 250 Books by Women Every Man Should Read.

I won't weigh in on the literary merits of Esquire's list compared to the feminist response, but the women win the web formatting battle by devastating KO.

No comments: