12.05.2009

fussdate

So this morning Fuss snuck out of bed ("sneaking" = forgoing his traditional morning greetings of hitting me in the face with a book or sitting on my head and bouncing). When I did awake he was standing by the end table, staring at me with a mouth full of...something, looking like a mischievous chipmunk.

"Urkg!" I grunted, blinking and clutching at him like a drunken aunt after a 5th of bourbon. It took a few swipes to get purchase, and some digging to extract a handful of brown nuggets followed by a quantity of black drool down the front of his sleeper.

I've always kept the habit of talking to him like a functioning adult, so I brandished my find at him and demanded "what did you eat?"

For the first time ever, I got an answer.
"Peanuts!" he declared.

!!!


A forensic investigation of the living room revealed their true identity- hazelnuts from a bar of chocolate.
But I won't dock a 16 month old for confusing the two.

1 comment:

Black Pit of Lag said...

I think the next phrase after "peanuts!!", is "can I borrow the car dad?"