2.21.2009

what do they WANT from me?

young guy wearing too much cologne:

"I wonder if you could help me? I don't really read or anything, but I'm looking for a book, about like a life journey, or something? But not too long, or to short? The verse, you know? Like a life journey, about someone? Would you have any suggestions?"


dream reply:

"Here's a dart and a copy of Books In Print- knock yourself out."

/edit
Somehow, after all that, he ended up buying The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce: The Landmark 25 Year Study.

4 comments:

Malderor said...

Ah, crap. I was in SLO this weekend and somehow forgot to amble past the Phoenix to see if you were in situ. (I visited McCarthy's six different times, and yet I forgot to go by your work. Yeah, I suck.)

Steve

Unknown said...

Call him back. Give him The Alchemist or Ender's Game or Siddartha.

I want your job.

baxie said...

Mal:
You suck.

june:
I gave him plenty of suggestions,
and LEGACY OF DIVORCE was my reward.

Unknown said...

What a dumb ass! Call him back. Let's make him eat LEGACY OF DIVORCE.

(What is the legacy of divorce, by the way? Happiness? Freedom?

I am the living legacy of divorce: A happy second marriage :-)