9.15.2007

intimations of mortality

While entertaining Devra last night with dinner and a screening of the lush, impenetrable Peter Greenaway masterpiece Prospero's Books (long out of print and never available on dvd- where's the justice?) it was noted that the year of Devra's birth (in Israel, no less) was the year the wife spent in Italy.

It's strange enough to consider a world without my niece, who's only 4 years old.
How much odder to live half a life in a universe without Devra.

With the passage of time thus imprinted, I urge anyone in the area to stop by the store today, where I am at perhaps the height of my late life appeal, bedecked in a new rose linen shirt, hipsterati jeans & euro-sandals.

Polyester cardigans, tan slacks & orthopedic boots are just around the corner, so get and eyeful of this while it lasts!

/edit
visitors so far:
Burl and Fiend
Fiend was more interested in dusting the shelves than my sartorial splendor, but Burl noted my stylish shirt without prompting.

No comments: