4.07.2007

The Fiend

It's been a while since I reported on the antics of my niece, so here you go.
I'll have some pics up on flickr soon-ish.

She was over for dinner last week, and as is our custom enlisted my help picking lemons for her famous 'pretend lemonaide'.

We've been doing this since she was about half her current size, and the ritual has evolved a list of specialized tools & complicated proceedures rivalling the traditional Japanese tea service.

Just outside the door we spied a large Crane Fly, aka 'Mosquito Hawk'.

After a few moments of intense scrutiny the Fiend turned to me.

"Too many legs," she said, shaking her head sadly.

We resumed our journey to the lemon tree.

1 comment:

woodyb3 said...

Fiend Haiku;

Looking for lemons,
The Fiend judges the crane fly
Just too many legs