2.22.2007

Sonic Awesomeness

Holy shite!

click to hear the aptly titled Devestation.

The Besnard Lakes deliver an awe inspiring audio carpet-bombing, but follow Julie Andrews's advice to the letter, providing a spoonful of sweet, sweet harmony to help the helpless listener digest this ever-expanding musical explosion.

For any of my tens of readers curious about what kind of song sets me back on my heels upon first listen, here you go.

/edit
I just listened to it three times in a row and it grows more awe-inspiring in the retelling, much like the girth of Bobo's ears, or the piercing quality of Ivan's steely glare.

/edit edit
oh ho!
"...while singer/guitarist Jace Lasek's Break Glass Studio produced Wolf Parade's Apologies to the Queen Mary and Sunset Rubdown's Shut Up I Am Dreaming."

Christ, is there any brilliant new rock that isn't somehow connected to the Canadian renaissance?

No comments: