1.28.2006

Film: The New World

I'm in a quandry.

It's the greatest film I've seen in many years, but I can't really recommend it because if anyone I respected didn't like it I'd have to reconsider my friendship...and I'm only halfway kidding.

the wife's review (which happily excuses her from relational reconsideration)
"I think that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

I think this is the safest road to take-

Creelea, you must see this on the big screen, it will change your life.
Bobo, you wouldn't last through the opening credits with your ADD, skip it.

Everyone else, if you thought Malik's The Thin Red Line was brilliant then you must see this film. If not, you can still watch it but I don't want to hear your whining about how it was "boring" or "meandering".

No comments: