10.15.2005

tunes tunes TUNES

Let's play a game.
It's like that one meme where people hit random on their ipods, but not as fey.
Since my computer is my ipod, how about I post the first four great songs I find on my hard drive and you download and listen to them.

Easy!


(I'm using filefactory for these, should be easier on your end)


Elliott Smith - Clementine
My second favorite song of his (number one is Independence Day) off the best ES bootleg there is, and one of the best boots I've found period. 98 is a good year, he'd nailed down his performances and his voice was still strong. Amazing song, amazing performance, amazing recording.



Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes
My favorite tune off a fantastic, underexposed and appreciated album. I've always loved the song Dazzle by Souxsie & the Banshees, this has the same vibe with way better lyrics.

my dewy-eyed disney bride, what has tried
swapping your blood with formaldehyde?
monsters?
whiskey-plied voices cried fratricide!
jesus don't you know that you could've died
(you should've died)
with the monsters that talk....monsters that walk the earth


Wolf Parade - I'll Believe Anything
The kind of song that makes you feel young and like this one song is the most important thing in the world for four minutes and thirty six seconds. It starts off great and just keeps getting better...this song absolutely fucking KILLS.

TV on the Radio - Young Liars
About perfect.
No, strike that.....it is perfect.


Dig.

No comments: