9.01.2005

Politics: President Stupider, More Craven Than Previously Thought

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. They did appreciate a serious storm but these levees got breached and as a result much of New Orleans is flooded and now we're having to deal with it and will," he said.


via the BBC (of course, since the corporate puppets and lamers in the American media are allergic to news).


Let's take a moment to reflect on an article I posted earlier this week, to wit.

a quote from the article:

It appears that the money has been moved in the president’s budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that’s the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can’t be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us.

-- Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.


Well, that certainly sounds to me like SOMEONE anticipated a levee failure after Bush stole the money from that project for the Iraq debacle. When the emergency management cheif says "this is a security issue for us", that sounds fairly serious.

I mean, maybe he was talking about Iraqi insurgents boating down the river and attacking with knives between their teeth...but levee failures makes more sense to me.

So.
As a direct result of Bush's misguided Iraq policy, an entire section of the country has been demolished, a major American city is under water, we're looking at hundreds of thousands of refugees, who knows how many deaths, the commerce of an entire region destroyed...so what else is there to do except carry on with the 9/11 Propaganda event!

I'm trying to be a better person, but stuff like this brings out the vengeful Norse deity in me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right and it makes my blood boil.

You know it's bad when the voice of reason is CNN. This morning I saw hard-hitting-uber-progressive-man-of-the-people reporter Miles O'Brien arguing with the Governor of Louisiana about how much the federal govt *didn't* do to help New Orleans before the hurricane. And the governor was defending the federal govt...

*sigh*

FIDEL WOULD NEVER HAVE LET THIS HAPPEN! He would have been fortifying the levee with the bones of gusano dissenters!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Have you tried an enema? It might help flush the shit from your brain. However there is no hope of removing the shit in your soul
You liberals really need to lay down and die. Or, might I suggest a vacation in New Orleans. I hear the local waters have just the blend of sewage liberals feel at home in.
When the war comes onto American shores, you are the traitors that need to be gunned down first. What the looters are to New Orleans, liberals are to America; negligible, sub-human scum.

Anonymous said...

dude! ann coulter is reading your blog!
YOU HAVE ARRIVED!
-bobo

Anonymous said...

Awww, Baxie you got a troll!

And it's an uber-patriot who hates to question what goes on in our country -- so cute!

xxoo

baxie said...

I think I'll even leave it up, so I can quote it in various places as typical thought from a true George Bush patriot.


If I were chatting with a young person considering which political party to join, I'd just point out which one generates all the hate speech, racism and eliminationist rhetoric.

Then if they wanted to live the life of a Nazi brownshirt, they could make an informed decision.

And how do these people find me in the first place? I've told maybe ten people about this blog... =/