7.19.2005

Baby Names

My fellow boxing enthusiast Dreaderick sent along this link to a snazzy graphic baby name popularity index.

Fun to play around with!

I discover that my oddly spelled moniker 'Stephan' ranked 384th in the decade of my birth, the pesky 60's (my mother was aiming for 'stephen' but got it wrong....I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone I chewed out for "mispronouncing" my name over the years).

The normal spelling 'Steven' ranks #11, which explains why my high school spanish class was stocked with five different Steves.

The choking predominance of Steves in my immediate social circle led directly to all my friends calling me "Bax", a stopgap that remains in place to this day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

most shocking is the Aiden / Aidan phenomenon... I think we're in for a heavy wave of sensititive males circa 2020.

Anonymous said...

nah - I would expect the opposite. the feyer the name the more they will have to defend themselves on the playground.

- gp

Anonymous said...

hence the boy named Sue

excellent point.

Anonymous said...

Hello baxie,

After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find my articles on unique baby names and other babies topics to be helpful.

You are also welcome to post your own articles on babies in my free directory ... sharing your knowledge will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own blog / site. If you have the time, why not take a look at my articles on babies names and baby stuff now!

Kind Regards
Emily