6.08.2009

true customer tales: crazy as a loon edition

obviously crazy lady wanders up to counter.

crazy lady:
I REALLY need to use a phone man. I REALLY need to know where a phone booth is.

me (wishfully thinking that being helpful will stave off the insanity):
There's one at the Chamber of Commerce- down the street til you hit the mission, turn left about half a block.

crazy lady:
I been looking for a phone booth ALL DAY man, I really need a PHONE BOOTH.

me:
-repeats directions-

crazy lady, looking desperate:
-looks at ceiling and half-yells something incomprehensible-

me:
-goes back to pricing books and ignoring her-

crazy lady wanders halfway to door, turns around and says in a snotty little kid's voice:
So I just go down to the mission, then turn left and then fall in love, RIGHT?

Me, in my stern voice:
You need to leave. Right now.

crazy lady:
But I don't know the ADDRESS, I been looking for the chamber of commerce all day!

Me, pointing at door:
I don't know what their address is and I've already given you directions twice.

crazy lady, backing away:
Alright man, alright man...GOD BLESS!

1 comment:

woodyb3 said...

Supergirl is trying to find somewhere to change so she can fall in love and this is how you treat her ;)