4.10.2006

yo Pat (& a random cooking tip)

so howcome Autumn drops by when she's in town and yet I never see you?

And how were teh tacos?


to keep this post from being an utter waste of everyone else's time, here's my modified technique for making scrambled eggs:

usually they want you to stir more or less constantly- but I don't like the texture that creates, and it's hard to time (for me at least). They're either too wet, or too dry. Omlettes also have fiddly timing, and there's nothing worse than an under-cooked omlette.

I blend techniques: i start out by pushing eggs toward the center of the pan as for an omlette, but after about half the eggs are cooked I start stirring them around, as for traditional scrambled eggs. When everything is just about set but still damp on top I throw on some cheese and fold it over like an omlette. Let it cook a few seconds, then flip it and let it cook a bit more, then take it off the heat to let it set.

Less fiddly than making a 'straight' omlette but with that kind of texture, which I prefer to the small curds you get from constantly stirring the eggs.

disclaimer: I mix my scrambled eggs with about a 1/2 tablespoon of cream- the result is head and shoulders above other methods. YMMV if using a lesser addititve.

No comments: