10.13.2009

True Customer Tales

Weathered looking gal with tattooed fingers lost in a giant parka comes in out of the rain.

"Do you guys mail stuff to people in prison?"

"Yes, as long as it was purchased here."

"Oh okay...I've got like ten bucks, is that enough?"

"For a pocket book, sure."

"She like true crime, murder type books- do you have a section for those?"

"Right this way."

"Do you have a book about Aileen Wuornos, that chick who killed all those dudes?"

"Not sure, but if we did this is the spot."

"Okay thanks."

She found a book (not about Aileen Wuornos) and as I was ringing her up she answered her cell phone.

"Hi, hello.....I'm sending a book to my girlfriend in prison."

2 comments:

Good Enough Woman said...

Wow. I bet they don't get stuff like that over at the chain stores, now do they?

Black Pit of Lag said...

Did she hollow it out and put a file in it?