11.05.2007

filmic reminders

No Country for Old Men draws nigh.

Also, I found this cool site with reviews of HK cinema past and present.

They're finally releasing a Twin Peaks box set that includes the pilot.

And yet another version of Bladerunner.
I'll get it for a couple of reasons, none related to the promise of a super duper final ultra killer extreme directors cut.
One, the print used for the original release and the Director's Cut sucked ass. For this movie digital remastering is a big selling point. I'd be happy if they just cleaned up the existing Director's Cut, but that's not in the cards.
Two, the extras on the multi-disc Alien release were stellar and I'm expecting something similar.

I'm mostly against people rejiggering movies that are already set in the public consciousness, but the tone of this one was so badly mangled by the studio-enforced voice over & stock footage happy ending they tacked on I gave it a break. I doubt I'll take quite so well to whatever further alterations Ridley makes with this iteration...but c'mon man, digital remastering!

No comments: