11.02.2007

EMERGENCY ANNER UPDATE

my connection has been down the past few days, on top of a fallow Halloween week, and Anner made her displeasure known.

So, emergency update before bed! And before my connection takes a dump again!


news from the Pelf:

Dudes, I'm driving on the 210 -- my cell rings -- IT'S STUART GORDON
-- the he-man legend who directed RE-ANIMATOR. I called him to pitch
my zombie opus JOE ZOMBIE a few weeks back and had forgot all about it
-- he was asking me to tell him about it -- I was off guard and
didn't do the best job, but he still said to send it his way and
someday he may read it...not a quote, but the gist of things.



This is especially amazing because we saw Re-Animator on the big screen (back when there was still such a thing as a B Movie, and you could still see them in theaters), and he got hassled and carded by the ticket gal which made us miss half the credits and sent his blood pressure through the roof.

It was hard for me to blame her, though.
We did after all spend that entire summer getting him into the drive in for the 12 and under price.

I don't doubt the simmering rage engendered by this and similar incidents (the Denny's waitress who brought him the child's menu, etc etc) fueled his journey to a place where you get cell phone calls from youthful idols who want to hear about your zombie romantic comedy script.

No comments: