1.21.2006

hah, already got a good comment

So this guy who looks like an aspiring Sears underwear model, only wearing giant bug-eyed sunglasses like those ones that were the height of fashion in 1971, saunters up to the counter.

me:
can I help you?

guy: (mumbling under his breath)
uh...yeah, I mean I'm looking for some information. (long pause) you know, some information...nothing too serious. (long pause) about the barbies.

me:
Yeah, the owner did that painting- he's usually around Thursdays and Fridays if you want to talk it over with him.

guy:
yeah, well.....the painting uses the same pallet I do. (long pause) in my work.

me:
that's cool.

guy:
(stands there silently, staring into the middle distance.)

me:
(starts typing blog entry describing the encounter)


Mommy, am I postmodern yet?

No comments: