6.13.2009

HE-shirts

Last week I wandered into the middle of a big $5 tee-shirt sale over at Threadless.
Longtime browser, first time buyer, as they used to say in the letters pages.

My tee shirts fall into two broad categories, Artifacts Of A Young Comic Geek and Boring Solid Colors from the Gap Sale Rack

Group A is older than hell and has been mostly co-opted by the wife. She loves anything soft, and it doesn't get much softer than a 15 year old tee shirt. Seeing her wandering around in a gory vintage Hard Boiled or Sin City tee amuses my inner nerd and confuses most everyone else, but once she claims a shirt it's out of circulation- "what are you doing wearing my shirt?" becomes the operative phrase. So Group A has shrunk dramatically over the years.

Group B doesn't inspire much enthusiasm- I mean, they're there when you need something to wear, but I never come across one in the drawer and think "Fun! This one's perfect for today!".

Threadless splits the sartorial difference between a closet full of longboxes & memorabilia and a generic air conditioned cube.

These lovelies should be arriving monday:




3 comments:

Unknown said...

i gave birth in one of those nerd shirts!

Ivan said...

i like the exploded viking ship

baxie said...

i thought of you when I ordered it Ivanus!

and yes, tiner birthed my spawn in a frank miller/geoff darrow Big Guy & Rusty the Boy Robot shirt.