5.06.2006

boxing: the DANGER ZONE

yeah...you heard me!


My sucker, er, pal the Pelf subscribes to the Myth of Mayorga and nearly demanded we make a friendly wager on the outcome. Since pizza always tastes sweeter when someone else is buying, I accepted, more in the spirit of a charitable donation than a bet.

I didn't feel the need to remind him that he was making the very same arguments in favor of Mayorga before the Trinidad fight (Mayorga is crazy, Mayorga has power, Mayorga has a granite chin, Tito has been inactive...all it meant to me was more free pizza.)

There's some kerfuffle among the business elite of the sport due to a conflict with Game 7 between the Lakers and Suns. I see boxing as the ur-sport with all others being pale shadows of the real thing, so there's no conflict for me.

It should be an entertaining, if one sided, bout.
A full report will follow.

No comments: